March was a great month here at the Joshua Collective. 2012 has been a great year so far. Each month, we’ve set a new record for visits (not including October 2011 when we used this blog to promote Francis Chan’s visit to North Phoenix). Thank you so much for reading what I post here and sharing it with your network of family and friends, especially those of you who share it through social media.
Here are the top ten posts from this past month.
1. One Pastor’s Take on GCB: Part 1 (March 2012) – I’m glad my response to the popular and controversial new show on ABC got lots of visitors. I hope I added a different perspective to the conversation.
2. When Our Fears Get in the Way of Our Dreams (December 2011) – This reflective post came at the end of 2011, as I shared rather transparently about how I’ve allowed my fears to hold me back for far too long.
3. One Pastor’s Take on GCB: Part 2 (March 2012) – In my follow-up post, I tried to unpack the lessons the Church and followers of Jesus can learn from the caricatures that GCB provides. I believe we can learn from criticism, even when it is hard to swallow.
4. Your Favorite Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 10:13 (January 2011) – This post helps to reset some common misconceptions about stress, difficulty and the involvement of God in our lives. Beware of Christian cliches, my friends!
5. Surprised by God: Our car-buying story (March 2012) – My wife, Danalyn, shared in this guest post about how God worked in miraculous ways as we bought a new car.
6. The 100% (March 2012) – This guest post from my friend, Robert Payne, was a part of his Kickstarter campaign. On April 1, just a few minutes before his deadline, Robert exceeded his goal and I am excited to be a supporter helping him to make an incredible record, full of awesome music.
7. 5 thoughts about boredom (September 2011) – I should not have been surprised to see this post about how an over-stimulated, constantly-entertained culture struggles with boredom stay popular.
8. Dallas Willard and the Gospel of Sin Management (April 2009) – This older post continues to get lots of hits each month. Willard unpacks this idea in his book, The Divine Conspiracy, which continues to get a lot of use in my work and ministry.
9. A speaker’s worst nightmare (March 2012) – This funny video from the TED conference was hilarious for me – as a speaker and as a Mac user.
10. Your Favorite Bible Verse: God helps those who help themselves (January 2011) – This post about the most famous Bible verse that you cannot find in the Bible gets a lot of hits each month. I hope it leads to a more healthy understanding of God.
Thanks again for reading this blog and I look forward to a great month of April and the rest of 2012.